Must-Try Coconut Drink Recipes
Coconut is a type of palm tree that is prevalent in many tropical countries. It is believed that this tree has been transported to different parts of the globe to share its numerous benefits. The coconut that appears on the tops of the trees are the seeds. Within the seed, you will find its water, milk, meat, and oil, all of which are beneficial to us.
There are several ways to enjoy the fruit of the coconut tree, starting with its water and milk. Here are a few coconut drink recipes that you can try to bring in the summer feels to your day.
Coconut Water, Orange Juice, and Melon Drink Combo
Coconut water is high in potassium which is perfect for days when you are sweating a lot. Combine this water with a good dose of vitamin C and you now have a healthy drink to revitalize your body.
- 2 cups of frozen muskmelon, cubed
- 2 cups of organic coconut water
- A pinch of black salt
- Juice from 2 organic oranges
- 2 teaspoons of coconut crystals
Put all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until you get a smooth texture. Transfer its contents to your glasses and serve.
Coconut Water and Kefir
If you are having digestive problems, making your own coconut water and kefir is a great idea. Not only is it beneficial to your digestion, but it also promotes better liver and immune function.
- Glass mason jar including lid
- Plastic strainer
- 1 quart of organic coconut water
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- A piece of cheesecloth
- Plastic measuring spoons
- 3 tablespoons of water kefir grains
- Put the water kefir grains in the coconut water.
- Place the cheesecloth to cover the jar containing your kefir and coconut water to help the mixture breathe. Let the kefir grains culture in the coconut water for 1 to 2 days and away from direct sunlight.
- Remove kefir grains from the coconut water using a strainer.
- Puree the berries and add coconut water to add more flavor.
- You can refresh your kefir grains by adding them to a quart of water mixed with ¼ cup of coconut sugar. Allow it to sit for 48 hours so that the grains are fed by the sugar water.
The milk of the coconut is high in saturated fat, but this is the healthy one, so don’t worry about it. This creamy milk contains antifungal, antibacterial, as well as antiviral properties to give your immune system its much-needed boost. The good news is that you can make your own coconut milk rather than buying one from the grocery store.
- 2 brown coconuts
- 4 cups of filtered hot water
- Get a sharp knife and use it to pierce the coconut. Drain the water from the coconuts into a bowl.
- Use a hammer or a rolling pin to split the coconuts.
- Remove the flesh of the coconut from the husk using your knife or a scraper. Remove the brown bits that may cling to the meat.
- Add the coconut flesh and its water in a blender.
- Add 4 cups of water, then blend until smooth.
- Place a muslin cloth or nut bag over a mason jar to strain the mixture.
- Squeeze as much of the liquid as you can manage into the jar.
- Store your coconut milk in the fridge.
Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
Consuming berries have been found to be good for the brain and motor function. Eating berries also helps in reducing inflammation. You can enjoy its benefits together with coconut water in this delicious smoothie recipe.
- A cup of fresh coconut milk
- Half a cup of organic 100% orange juice
- Half a cup of frozen organic strawberries
- 1 organic banana, sliced
Start with the liquid ingredients first when putting all the required items in your blender. Blend after until you get a smooth texture. Pour the smoothie in glasses and serve.
Organic Coffee and Coconut Oil
Coffee is one beverage that we can’t do without. Instead of using processed coffee creamers, why not switch to organic coconut oil instead? This is an odd combination. True, but what you will get is a delicious and nutritious coffee mixture that will help give you your energy boost for the day.
- Brew a high-quality organic cup of coffee. Place it in your blender.
- Add a tablespoon of organic coconut oil.
- Blend the mixture and pour into a coffee cup. Serve while hot.
These are just a few examples of coconut drinks that can help you enjoy the full benefits of coconut. Adding coconut to your drinks will not only help give your digestive system a good boost, but you can also get more energy out of your beverages too. There are more recipes to try out there, so keep your eyes peeled for them.